Monday, February 18, 2013

Reconnecting...

Hey there...and Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  Mine was good although a bit unusual.  My sweet husband, Wil gifted himself with a couple days away with our church to participate in a men's retreat. And, in turn, I gifted myself with a few little treats of time to be spent doing some fun things too!

Thanks to a friend, who graciously hooked up our DVD player, (I am not at all electronically inclined) I got to watch one of my favorite movies, "August Rush".  It's a story about never giving up hope and keeping your eye on the prize.  I LOVE that flick!  You laugh and cry right along with them...very engaging, and most cathartic.

Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Gina and I met up at our favorite second-hand shop, seeking untold treasures before we took to our fair little downtown for a lovely lunch at Patina Green and an arm-in-arm stroll (very Italian like) around the square...so much to see and a perfect day to do it! 


Then, I got really crazy and watched another movie!  YES...two in the same weekend! (I was well overdue.) This time it was the wonderful story of a young woman who was obsessed with Julia Child and vowed to cook her way through the MONSTER foodie bible and blog about it...You know the film "Julie & Julia"?  I loved watching how much in love Julia and Paul were... such a breath of fresh air.  Call me a romantic, but I can't help it...Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci...C'mon!  Anyway, it was the perfect way to end the day...

I picked up my William Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of the church.  He looked different, calmer, more relaxed...but more than that, we were happy to see each other and I was glad he was home.  We spent the rest of the day talking, cooking and reconnecting in a new way.

I think when we get away from our routine, we get to see life in a whole new light...a brighter version of our day to day happenings...more alive.  The first thing we must do is to recognize that we just might be missing something...we are all so tied up with that darned "to-do list" that we really don't make the time to create a new way of doing things.

I invite you to think about "reconnecting"...I mean REALLY reconnecting with someone in your life...and don't be surprised if that "someone" is YOU!   

Bon Apetit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment