Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Musings

Good Morning...glad to be back!  

It's raining here in McKinney today...not something we see that often, but when it does, I delight in the opportunity to "take time in".  We get a lot of beautiful sunny days, so when it does rain, I relish it and hunker down at home, to get stuff done...which could either mean pecking things off my Victory Plan, or doing something fun and creative. "Like what?" you ask.  Well...I have a really fun spot in our office that just cries out for my attention.  I created a little writing corner, which sits directly in front of the window out to our back yard, so there is plenty of natural light streaming in (not today, though...that's what my mini faux Tiffany lamp is for.)  However, when the sun is up and coming, it hits this side of the house first which makes for a perfect time to write. 

I am surrounded by lots of inspiration...a plethora of books, both whimsical and instructive, small objets d'art that once lived at my studio back east, a very funky olive green vintage wicker chair, (given to me as a housewarming present), and my antique dress form (Tess) who was my constant companion in my shop for many years.  Around her neck is my compass, ever reminding me to hold my course.  Adjacent to Tess sits my Nonna Teresina's over-stuffed arm chair which occupied a place of honour in her home for over 50 years!  The slip cover is a very lively velvet brocade fabric, in rich shades of ruby and gold...and very comfy I might add.  There also sits a fine stack of vintage luggage in four different styles for both practicality and aesthetics, that house various "themes" of materials I need for both work and play. Who wouldn't want to be in this space?  I have lots of things "going on" right now professionally, so it will be a "tie" to see which one of my muses gets my attention today.

Now that you know what my creative space looks like, I encourage you to make one for yourself as well...just a little nook or corner, somewhere in your home, where you might be able to pull yourself out of the "line of fire"...even for a few quiet minutes each day.  You will not only feel a sense of comfort and joy, you will recharge your batteries and be able to take on the rest of your day with a new found sense of grace and hope.  

I once read that if you seize one glorious opportunity with energy and wit, that others would surely follow!  Enjoy your time today...and get those creative juices going again...you'll be happy you did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment